From Script to Screen Reflective Statement

I have found this project to be very fast paced, which has been stressful but also rather exciting at the same time. I managed to evolve ideas early on, that I thought partly had potential but there were still some parts missing or not fully logical. I kept elements from my original ideas from early on, but altered a lot of them slightly throughout the project. Certain camera cuts that I used in the end were ones that I had in mind from the beginning, so in terms of idea development I was happy that some parts were tackled early on. On the other hand, some ideas were switched around or had to be taken out completely in order to improve the quality and logic of the story. I feel that all of the alterations and changes made in the project were worth it and correct to follow up on, even if it did cause me to be slightly behind during the project. I think at first my story was quite vague in terms of the look, setting and time period, but I managed to start making that more clear with colours, designs and characters. Although near the end I was doubtful about the outcome due to having unexpected trouble with some of the software, I managed to get everything completed and was glad with the ending result. Creating the script, storyboard, animatic and pre viz was very exciting, but I underestimated how long they would all take me to do. Designing characters and ideas for the story was something I spent a lot of time and thought on, but I found it very enjoyable. If I had managed to forge all of the ideas together earlier on and have them in the right place, then I would have been able to produce more concept art and develop elements more, such as props and set design. I had things in mind mostly of how they would look, but I wish I could have produced more to perfect things more visually for the audience. Overall I am happy with the outcome, and I have learned a lot during this project that makes me excited for future ones.

Comments