Soundscapes Reflective Statement

The Soundscapes project has been a very new and different experience for me. While starting off quite excited for this project, I learned to find it difficult as there is a difference between imagining a sound and then knowing how to then create it from scratch. With the other projects and work going I found it challenging to manage time as much as I feel I should have been able to, which could have ultimately allowed me to work out sounds that I liked even more than the one I used. From the start I thought my images were a bit vague which made it harder for me to think of a suitable sound for them, but I recorded some sounds I imagined and loads more sounds to experiment with, while a lot of them never actually got used. It was combining/mixing my recorded sounds experimentally that I found exciting, as it made me figure out in the process what mood the soundscapes would set. I feel like if I had just focused on this project with a good balance to the other one, then I could have found sounds that communicated my images more well, but I think my soundscapes are close enough at communicating my initial thoughts on the images. I learned quite a lot about Adobe Audition and have become more confident in creating sounds, which I still hope to improve at strongly in the future too. While this has been a project I have struggled with and found difficult, I can definitely say that I have learned a lot from it which will make me much more confident and likely to be ambitious with sound design in the future.

Comments