Minor - Character Head Modelling Neck and Hair (Grown up Alien)

I started to construct the neck of my alien character, and I then took numerous approaches to creating the hair. It took me a lot of experimenting and mistakes before I started to go down a route that I was satisfied with. I firstly created the individual strands/tentacles, before connecting the roots together. Once the central piece was built, I had to attach it to the head. Following my design, I attempted to flow the vertical eyebrow crease into the hair itself, which eventually I managed to mimic. I took a similar approach to the back of the head, as a way to blend it into his head. As I only intend on moving the hair slightly for secondary animation, it will be the ends that have motion and the central piece will not need to move. In this case, I feel like it could work.


Comments