@Alan Minor - Character Hand Modelling Progress Issues

I have been modelling my alien's fingers and hand. While I am still in the process of attaching and sculpting the thumb, along with needing to add more geometry to the hand still, I am concerned about the fingers. I tried to make his fingers look more alien-like and slim, but in the finger joint areas I am getting strange creases appearing from some angles. I wanted to make the finger knuckles look more prominent and less tubular as a whole, but whenever I arrange the geometry to get rid of the creases in the side of the finger joints, the finger loses the shape and prominence of the joints. I am unsure about where I may need to add geometry in the fingers to solve this issue, especially as the character has long fingers. I am also slightly concerned about whether the hand will be able to form a convincing fist during the later stages, due to the size of the fingers. 



Comments

  1. Hi Frankie. To be honest, you have the correct geometry so its more the case that you need to sculpt and add minor geometry changes to create specific creases/folds. I've added an example to the tutorial sign up page. Its a semi-realistic character and more than you need but it might give you a few ideas.

    https://sites.google.com/site/digitalmcguffin/home/miscellaneous/yr-3-tutorial-sign-up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment