Minor - Character Blink (Alien)

I have created the blink for my alien character. This was rather challenging however, as during the process I realised that I the blink was pulling the underside of the brow down due to the eye lid skinning. The brow and eye lid are not only close together, but there is not a lot of geometry to strongly separate the two from affecting each other. I had to paint weights over less geometry on the upper eye lid, which then meant there was not much geometry moving in the upper eye lid blink. It took a lot of trial and error because of this issue, but I think I found a good balance in the skinning and improved the look through corrective blendshapes, to help the eye lids keep their rounded shape as they close. I am now happy with the blink, I just hope that moving onto the brow isn't going to be really problematic because of the geometry or space above the eye. While making the control for the blink, I keyed the neutral position as 0 and also put a minimum limit of -5 so that the eye lids can open a little bit wider than normal if needed.


Comments