Character Design: Character equipment and Anthropomorphism

Below are designs for a catapult and a shield, personalized for the character Shrek. As he makes his own stuff out of nature including rocks and sticks, I made these objects out natural and primitive materials. I made a catapult so that he can keep trespassers out of his swamp by launching them away, and as I can't really see Shrek using a weapon against someone else much, I designed a shield instead for his defense. The shield is quite simply planks of wood and rock held together by vine. For the catapult, I used the same materials, giving it wheels and a lever so that he can put it where he wants and fire it when he wants to.


Below I have designed characters out of a chair and a wardrobe, while trying to use their realistic features to resemble actual features that a character might have.



Comments