Soundscape Image Notes (Image 1)

Image 1.

This is my first image, and when I look at this I think of a few different things. The shapes emerging from the center make me think of coral, shells and underwater. The fact that there is so much also makes it seem like it is growing and growing constantly, or it is full of complex layers for some form of defense or mass. It looks like it has hard edges and is not capable of bending, only snapping and shattering. I also see a flower in this, in the way that it is covered in petals that are blooming from the center, and the vivid reds in the center remind me of a poppy or rose. Despite my confusion on what this could ultimately be, I think the overall colours, shapes and texture push my imagination more towards a complex coral form, while being hard and brittle. I can see this as an expanding form, which will include cracking, stiffness, vibrations, dust falling off, and slowly dragged out noises as each section extends.

  • Brittle
  • Hard
  • Multiplying
  • Cracking
  • Snapping
  • Scraping
  • Shield
  • Defensive
  • Strong
  • Dangerous
  • Growing
  • Expanding
  • Extending
  • Vibrations
  • Coral
  • Underwater
  • Powerful
  • Natural
  • Creeky
  • Hard Flower
  • Petals
  • Blooming
  • Shards
  • Slow
  • Mysterious
  • Worn
  • Aged
  • Large

Comments