Premise - Rough Character Design

I have created another design for my alien character, while looking back at all my previous thumbnails throughout the project. I have revisited some of my very first ideas for this character, considering alien hair and a more simple style. I have also considered the outfit, looking at more retro Sci-Fi and trying to design the outfit as slightly more loose fitting as opposed to skin-tight. I tried sketching out a variety of different lengths/widths/shapes and considered previous aspects of some thumbnails, in order to help myself see what I thought looked good or not so good, in order to visualize what I thought looks more appealing. 


Comments

  1. I like 1 and 4 :) - 4 most of all - I like the pale, pastel qualities - makes him seem 'weak' and institutionalised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frankie - Your alien could use an eye lid to stop him looking like he has eaten too much sugar (See the lmage/link below).

    https://login.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8c696a8a5b5f7276a1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, I'll make sure to use that!

      Delete
  3. Also - I suggest you start adding line variation into your designs (see image link below)

    https://login.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8c696a8a5b6074a66d9d

    Also, watch these four video's (watch all of them!) by BaM studios (link below) about linework/inking designs, colouring designs, perspective grids/dynamic shots, and drawing turnarounds. They are Youtube videos but they are created by industry professionals so what they are discussing are about 'industry standards' as much as they are about techniques.

    https://sites.google.com/site/digitalmcguffin/home/intros/character-design

    Go to the Character Design Year 2 section / Character Design & Digital Drawing Tutorials by BaM Animation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment