Character Design - Sidekick Designs

 I explored the possibility of a sidekick for my character design project, which eventually led me to a stick insect. I chose this because like Sheila, he has long limbs. He does too, but has good balance despite this, so he teaches Sheila in the same way that a mentor would. I designed him with bags under his eyes, and incorporated the antennas into his eyebrows, to make him look more old and wise. The other reason I chose him was that as he is very small, that is what prevents him from performing, as he isn't very easy to see. After some thought behind the story and considering how the tables turn for Sheila, I thought it might work better for her to take on the obstacles alone, as the only thing holding her back is herself. I decided not to include the sidekick, but this was after a lot of thought and some designing of him that I made this decision.




Comments