Life Drawing - 28/01/19

At the start of today's Life Drawing session, I drew with a different method than usual. I taped a charcoal stick to a long straw and drew with that. The drawings on the left were drawing times that ranged from 30 seconds - 1 minute, and it was challenging to not only control the charcoal but also to complete the drawings in time and draw hard enough onto the paper. The drawing on the left was done by the exact same method, only I had a longer time to draw on it. I seemed to gain more control when taking my time, and I am happy with how it turned out, considering the challenging method of drawing that I did it with. 
Again, for these bottom two drawings I used the charcoal taped to a straw method to draw. This time however, I used it to roughly block out the bodies dominant shapes within the first 5 - 10 minutes, then used the remaining time to try and tidy things up using a pencil.


Comments